Did you know that both Modafinil and Adderall drugs are prescription drugs used to increase alertness, motivation, and wakefulness in people who suffer from narcolepsy and ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)? Although FDA approves Adderall, Modafinil is always prescribed by a psychiatrist off the label. People use both drugs for different purposes. In this guide, we look at the side effects, dosage, and the withdrawal period for each of the drugs. As well, we discuss the critical difference between Modafinil and Adderall. Modafinil is a prescription-only drug when you buy from local drug stores. Therefore one can buy modafinil without any prescription. Until now, there is no legal threat to the online buyers of Modafinil.
An Overview of Modafinil vs. Adderall
Modafinil and Adderall drugs have stimulant-like impacts on the user, but Adderall is more addictive.
Multiple studies have observed that Adderall may motivate appetite suppression hence favor weight loss. One clinical investigation discovered that the drug decreased the daily caloric intake by approximately 18 percent.
- Adderall also alleviates symptoms of inattention and low energy, the reason why it may have a positive effect on the mood and mental outlook of the user. Since Adderall promotes alertness and feeling, it’s administered for the treatment of mental as well as neurodegenerative conditions.
- Various circumstances lead to excessive fatigue. However, one can remedy the situation by use of proper changes in their lifestyle and Adderall doses to combat such illnesses. Individuals with bipolar depression and alcohol drug dependency may also profit from Adderall.
- There is compelling evidence that Modafinil promotes aspects of the memory, for instance, pattern recognition, digital span, and manipulation but is not a stimulant. This is as a result of the drug’s ability to reduce the impact of distractions caused by sleepiness.
Various people rely on drugs to maintain their cognitive abilities, and drowsiness is no doubt curable with doses of Modafinil. This drug has earned fame due to its miraculous potency for the treatment of ailments.
Modafinil vs. Adderall Dosage
- 100 to 200 mg is the usual adult dosage, which should be taken orally once daily during morning hours for twelve weeks.
However, taking more than the required dosage may lead to disturbed sleep at night.
- The dose for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder varies on the client’s age as well as unique requirements. The recommended dosage per day is 20mg. In case the drug is being administered for narcolepsy, the required dosage is 5mg to 60 mg daily but in divided doses, which varies depending on the client’s response.
Various chronic Adderall users take the drug in a higher amount beyond the required doses. This may lead to damage to their lungs as well as nasal linings. Patients may as well experience hyperactivity, irritability as well as changes in personality if they don’t follow the Adderall guidelines for usage.
Side Effects of Modafinil vs. Adderall
The side effects of the Modafinil drug are fewer as compared to other common conventional stimulants like coffee and caffeine. Health providers have commenced prescribing these pills to night workers and young working mothers to aid them in coping with hectic lifestyles.
- Modafinil is used by myriad students as well as young professionals to spur their minds to succeed in their studies and occupations.
- No matter how active your day is, striking a work-life balance and receiving adequate sleep is vital for your health. The consequences of several medications accompanied by less sleep will take its toll. Your body will, as a result, demand more rest in the form of sickness or poor health.
Adderall Side Effects
- Reduced appetite
- Extreme Feelings of sadness or happiness
- Pain while urinating
- Swelling of the face
- Disturbances in sexual function.
- Breathing difficulties.
- Muscle twitches
- Short-lived elevations of blood pressure.
Modafinil Side Effects
You can purchase Modafinil online without any prescription. However, that doesn’t make it a better idea. You need to consult your doctor about using prescription medications to alleviate your ailments.
Modafinil being a prescription drug, there are side effects as well as contraindications to consider that may make online or over the counter purchases inappropriate for you. Modafinil has lesser side effects; however, not everyone will experience them while using the drug.
Severe and life-threatening side effects of the drug which require immediate medical help are;
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling of the face, tongue or lips
In case the following serious side effects occur with the use of Modafinil, one should discontinue using the drug;
- Fever, headache, and vomiting
- Red rash on the skin
- Uneven heartbeats
- Unusual behavior thoughts
- Bruising or numbness
Withdrawal Symptoms of Modafinil vs. Adderall
- Various users of Modafinil have reported levels of reduced energy, decreased motivation, and depression after the use of the drug was abandoned. Withdrawal symptoms may also happen even if the drug is taken as prescribed.
However, clients who have used the drug for long are advised to decrease the medication gradually. Since extended use leads to tolerance, quitting using the drug at once may lead to withdrawal.
- People who have used Adderall feel sluggish after the drug wears off. When too much of the Adderall drug is taken or stopped abruptly, crashes can happen as well. Depression, panic attacks, suicidal thoughts, intense hunger, intense cravings for the drug, and fatigue are some of the withdrawal symptoms of Adderall.
The length of withdrawal symptoms to the drug entirely depends on the user. This includes the span they have been using the drug; the size of the drug also taken how often they were using it. Adderall users who experience withdrawal symptoms are advised to seek the help of a doctor.
Both Adderall and Modafinil are considered smart drugs to cure sleep disorders. However, both drugs have some different properties, symptoms, and dosages to consider. Adderall has more side effects than Modafinil as per the latest research. In most cases, people are recommended to use Modafinil unless the symptoms require Adderall by all means.