Etilaam-1 belong to thienobenzodiazepine medication and is usually used as an anti-depressant. The medicine which is available in tablet form contains Etizolam as the active ingredients. Depending on the strength of the drug, it is available either as 0.25mg, 0.5mg or 1mg. Etizolam ingredient in these tablets mimics the properties of anticonvulsant.
Etilaam-1 Brand Names
The tablets are available under different brand names including;
- Sedekopan tablets
Uses of the Tablets
The Etilaam tablets are used to treat a variety of conditions in adults. The Etizolam ingredient in these tablets acts as anxiolytic, sedative-hypnotic and antidepressant. The tablets are used to treat;
- Anxiety disorders such as panic attacks, phobic neurosis
- drug insomnia
- Secondary psycho-somatic cases such as headaches, hypertension, and irritable bowel syndrome.
These tablets help the body by using their anti-convulsant abilities to relax the body muscles.
Etilaam possess high affinity for alpha relatively postsynaptic GABA receptor. It should only be taken under the supervision of a physician. The amount of medicine prescribed depend on the following factors;
- Severity of the condition
- The body weight
- The underlying medical conditions
- Any other medications that you might be taking
The recommended daily etilaam-1 intake is 3mg daily dosage. Depending on the condition you are treating, these tablets are administered as follows;
- 0.5mg x 2 daily for panic attacks
- 0.25-0.5mg x 2 daily for anxiety disorders and
- 1-2mg daily before bedtime daily in case of insomnia
While taking these medicines, always ensure you follow the doctor’s instructions, just like in any other medication. At times, the doctor may see the need to alter your medicine dosage depending on how long you have been under medication. Another reason that might lead to dosage alteration is your reaction to the large.
It is highly advisable that while stopping usage of this medication, you do it gradually. Doing this minimizes the chances of having to experience unnecessary withdrawal side effects.
Etizolam, which is orally taken, is absorbed by the body at a fairly high rate with the medicine peak being realized after 30 minutes to 2hours. It belongs to a class of medication that are easily oxidized, metabolizes fast and has a low risk of accumulation. It is also a full agonist causing a series of therapeutic and adverse side effects.
Etizolam differs from benzodiazepines in that it has a high affinity for alpha2 GABA receptor and is also highly selective. It is known to cause high muscle relaxing effects and especially easing the central spinal cord tension. That is why it is effective in treating conditions such as a headache, cancer pain relievers and cervical spondylosis.
Precautions On A Missed Dose
At times you might find that you have skipped taking your daily dose. In this case, you should do one of the following;
- Take the pills immediately you remember and continue with the regular dosage
- If you go for a day without remembering, skip the missed and continue regularly
It is necessary to note that you should NEVER take a double dose to compensate the skipped one.
- Always keep the medicine pack away from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat
- Medicine should be stored at a room temperature of 20-25 degrees
- Never take expired Etizolam medicine, to make sure you know the date, keep the original pack of the medicine.
- Keep drugs out of reach of children and pets
- You should ask your doctor or physician on the best disposal methods. It should, however, not be with domestic waste or in the sewage.
Precaution on Taking the Medicine
- For the medicine to be fully efficient, you should follow certain caution.
- Be sure to discuss your medical history with the doctor. This knowledge helps them know the right dosage. Information that you should share in this case includes any medicine that you might be taking whether prescribed, over the counter, vitamins, natural supplements, or herbal products.
- Avoid taking alcohol during medication.
- Etizolam medicine is known to cause lightheadedness and impaired vision. You should, therefore, avoid driving or operating any machine while under medication.
- In the case of expecting women and lactating mother, they should always consult with their doctors before using Etizolam medicine. The effect of this medicine on breast milk or the pregnancy is unknown.